Wednesday, February 5, 2014

(Review) Stuff I Swear By: Apple Stem Cell Serum

This is not an advertorial

The next product in the Stuff I Swear By series comes highly recommended by my friend and doctor, Lily. She bought a set of three bottles and gave me one as a gift. According to her, this serum from Avail Beauty really moisturises her face that she no longer needed to use her moisturiser.


A.B. Series Apple Stem Cell Serum


It comes in a glass dropper bottle, minimising contamination during each application. It doesn't have any scent, and absorbs into the skin easily.

A bottle lasted me for about two months, perhaps because I only needed one drop instead of the recommended three drops per usage. It might also be due to my once per day usage instead of the recommended twice a day.

Despite not following the recommended usage, the serum made my skin fairer and smoother. I think if I use it consistently for 6 months, my acne scars might be gone completely!

In terms of oil control, my skin was still as oily as usual. I think V&N Pure Marine Collagen Powder that I blogged about previously was a better mattifier, but I stopped using it when I started using the serum so that I can see the serum's effects on my skin.

According to Lily, she bought the set of three bottles from a cousin who is an Avail member for about RM180, but I have seen people selling the bottles online separately at RM98 each! As much as I love this product, I would never buy it at such a marked-up price! 

I have this habit of deciding on whether to splurge on items based on *ahem* comparative analysis. For example, I can get lunch for only RM5 at my office, so it would cost 36 lunches to buy a set of this serum at RM180. 

Is it worth it to spend the cost of  36 lunches on 3 tiny bottles? 

Or perhaps I should think of RM180 as an extra RM1 per day of expenses, as three bottles can last me for 6 months. Hmmm.

While the jury's still out, I guess it's better to buy from a friend who is an Avail Beauty member, because they might sell it at the recommended price of RM188 per set instead of cleaning out your pockets at a whopping RM98 per bottle.

Price aside, it is a great product and I highly recommend it to those who want to lighten their acne scars like me. 

For more info, there's a New Straits Times article on this product. You can also check out the FAQ on Avail Beauty's website.




The Geek Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad 3