Thursday, March 13, 2014

MIA

Today I realised with much horror that I have not written anything here for about a month now.

Eeeek.

It has been quite a busy period for yours truly. Here's a not-so-short recap of what's been going on for the past one month or so:

February 6 - 28:
La familia
  • Flew across the pond back to Red Henna City after a long break with the fam in Camphor Island.
  • Hosted my mum and my sis who came to visit for a few days. Mum insisted on dragging her across the pond, alarmed by how obsessed she had become with homework and exams.
  • Locked myself out of my bedroom the night I was supposed to pick my fam from the airport. Perfect timing!
  • Took the fam to iCity for the first time. Hello, sparking lights, overpriced snacks (a boiled frankfurter costs RM3, I swear I'm not even making this up!) and a pretty warm night!

Self

  • I discovered the Suits TV series about two seasons too late. Lol.
  • Finally got over my fear of destroying my new sewing machine and stitched a tablecloth as a test on Valentine's Day. Got hooked immediately and so I used it to stitch curtains for the living room. Kicked myself for having such an irrational fear of failure.
  • Water disruption in my apartment, followed by power failure. Double mini tragedies. Urgh.
  • Lost 2 kg, most likely due to stress.

Friends
  • Obi-Wan, Cyn's dog, and our old office's mascot, had fallen sick.


March 1 - present day:

Self
  • Gained 2kg.
  • Thanks to my colleagues who kept asking about it, I finally realised that I did not have a dress for the company's annual dinner, less than a week before D-Day. Went panic shopping to 10 shops in one day. Came home with nothing that suited my body, my budget, and the dress code of the event.
  • Sewed a dark emerald toga that costs me less than RM30 in materials. Check out the tutorial here.



  • Lost at a speech contest, the same day MH370 went missing. Can't imagine what the family and friends of the passengers and crew must be going through now.
  • Lost 2 kg. Hello again, stress.
  • Went to Genting for the first time for the company dinner.
  • Almost died and gone to heaven upon discovering a huge accessories shop called Rico Galleria in Genting Grand. 



  • Decided to DIY my dinner make-up instead of shelling out RM160 for a make-up artist.
  • Tried the milk of magnesia trick. Verdict: Fantabulous for keeping the shine at bay!
  • Tried Revlon Photoready Two Way Powder Foundation for the first time. Hope to do a review on it.
  • Came home from Genting and went straight into the cough-inducing embrace of the thick haze.

Friends

  • Bugged friends (hello, Nurrul!) who had sewing experience for days before I decided to make my own dress.
  • Discovered Burgatory with JH and DK. Cramped spaces but the juicy burgers made up for it. 
  • Created a mannequin with JH as part of our ad-hoc guilt-tripping post-burger workout hahaha.
  • Dearest Obi-Wan succumbed to liver failure. I think I used enough tissues to cause deforestation when I got home and the sad news finally sank in. Cyn wrote a poignant piece on him that made me cry even harder whenever I read it.


At the time of writing, MH370 is still missing. Let's pray and hope for the best for all those affected by this tragedy.




The Geek Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad 3