Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Little Late to the Party

....but better late than never, no?

In case you are wondering what on earth am I referring to here, well here you go: How a Year of 'Grateful' Facebook Posts Changed This Woman's Life

I've always known how blessed my life has been, but as a human being, sometimes I get too caught up in the daily grind that I only noticed negative things. Trust me, I am quite guilty of ranting about tiny things that neither merit my attention nor my energy. The horrid morning traffic, for example. Or maybe a neighbour who just wouldn't stop blaring dangdut songs OUT LOUD.

Isn't it quite impossible to appreciate life if all we do is focus on the things that annoy us or the things that are missing?

I don't know about you, but my life just gets better as I age. I also noticed that as I get older, I get more blasé about things. Let's hope that I can keep this attitude when I've lost all of my teeth and control of my tiny bladder.

Just a few days ago, I discussed this gratitude post with a friend, and she decided that she wants to do a daily gratitude post, like, daily. Meanwhile, yours truly, exhibiting a classic case of laziness commitment-phobia, decides to do Gratitude52, a series of weekly postings about things that I am thankful for.

Now I realise that I am about three weeks late to cover an entire year, but it's ok. I'll just do a post every Sunday from now on.

And to cover the three weeks that I've missed, here are the three things (or people!) that I am grateful for:

1. My mum
I call her almost every day it's a wonder that she hasn't filed a restraining order against me yet. Hahaha!

I am grateful for her presence in my life, especially because she is my No. 1 cheerleader. She believes in me and in what I can do even when I doubt myself. And also because she gave me Life.


2. Lily of the Valley
I've known Lily for some donkey years now. We are very easily amused people, with a penchant for long drives and banana leaf rice. We love stuffing our faces on weekends (but I am the only one gaining weight here hahaha) and we sincerely want the best in life for each other.

If I had to commit a crime, I'd pick her to help me hide the body.


3. The morning traffic
Honestly, I don't know if I am extremely lucky on the road lately, or if other drivers' morning alarms malfunction every day. So far this year, no matter how bad the traffic is, I will either be early for work or just 5-10 mins late, which in my book is the acceptable margin of lateness.

Or maybe it's because I drive like a maniac >:)


So that's it from me, my first Gratitude52 post. Let's hope I can keep this up! :)











The Geek Goddess


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad 3