Tuesday, January 14, 2014

(Review) Stuff I Swear By: Lip Moisturiser

This is not an advertorial

Hello! It's another Stuff I Swear By post. This time around, I'll be sharing what I use daily to moisturise my lips.

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

I've always had dry lips that are partial to peeling for as long as I can remember, so I never went anywhere without a tube of lip balm in my bag. My favourite would be a cool, menthol lip balm because of its refreshing scent and its cooling sensation.

About two years ago, my upper lip started to become sensitive to every.single.thing that it came into contact with.

It would start to chap after I ate or drank anything, but the peeling was always worse when I had something spicy as it would look lobster red!

I had to stop wearing lipsticks (boo!) because none of them could stay smooth on my flaky upper lip, and (ok this bit is disgusting) I sometimes picked on the dry flakes in order to make my upper lip appear smooth. In end I would end up with a red AND bleeding upper lip (told you it's disgusting). 

No amount of exfoliating, whether with brown sugar or an old toothbrush, could help my upper lip to stay smooth.

When I went to my doctor, he theorised that I was allergic to the lip balm that I was using and ordered me to stay off any scented and flavoured lip balms for the rest of my life. He also recommended that I stick to nothing else but petroleum jelly as it is not scented and flavoured.

Fast forward to today, I still can't wear lipstick, or eat and drink anything without chapping my upper lip. The chapping didn't stop even after I swore off scented and flavoured lip balms. But thanks to my arsenal of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly (I have two big jars for home and office use, and tiny ones in my handbags), at least I can moisturise it the very second it starts to peel.

Ok folks, that's it for today. I'll write another Stuff I Swear By post soon. Ta!






The Geek Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad 3